Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Sunday, June 22, 2014

PEACE

There have been many posts that I have penned in my head that never made it on here. I had that "feeling" again and decided to not let the moment pass this time.
     I was reflecting on some scripture with Lewie, and thought it interesting that 7 months ago when this chapter in our life began, our word was HOPE. It still is, but unknowingly both Lewie, and I, are clinging to PEACE these days.
      There was a theme in the scriptures we were sharing with each other, and PEACE is that theme. Not the word alone, or the world's idea of peace, but a peace that can only come from the hand of God. A peace that is only known when all around you the storm is pounding. That kind of peace.    
    Hope is tied into that peace. Without the Hope we have in Jesus, and His return to take us with him to heaven, what would be the point of all this? What would be the point of the pain, but what would be the point of even the laughter and joy?
   I should share the scriptures with you.
   I saw a plaque in my moms house with this written on it and keep going back to it.

1 Kings 8:56 "Blessed be The Lord, who has given rest (peace) to His people Isreal, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promises, which He promised through his servant Moses."

   Not even one promise was failed to be kept by The Lord. Not one. I have been focusing heavily on His promises these past few weeks as the devil has been attacking my spirit. This has been a huge encouragement to me even as my heart is heavy and my eyes wet. There has not failed one of His good promises... Not one!
    This is one of the things Lewis shared with me from Ephesians 3:14-21.
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives it name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in
your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And, I pray that you, being
rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the Lords holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge --- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
   Pain helps us grasp this love. It's weird that in our darkest time we feel that love the most deeply.  I love the part, "that you may be filled to the measure with all the fullness of God". Filled. And filled to fullness. ALL the fullness of God. All of it! Wow! Beautiful.
   Peace was what sent Lewis to Ephesians when he found these gems. Ephesians has beautiful promises about the peace that God provides.

3 comments:

  1. Your interpretation of our God's word from your viewpoint blesses me. I can't see it from where I am. Through your eyes He Our God touches my heart
    In Christ's Love Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is weird, but true, that in our darkest time, we feel His love most deeply. So good to read that you are clinging to His unfailing love which gives you both such peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading His Word this morning and came upon a verse that spoke beauty and truth and then I felt God pressing your name on my heart as I read it for a second time. It's found in Deuteronomy 29:20: "Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life and He will give you many years in the land..." So often we view life as the number of years we live on this earth, but I believe God is speaking of living a life where each day is given to Him. For one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. As mothers it isn't so much the quantity of time that we teach and raise our children, but the quality that God honors. You are doing just that when you choose to trust in Him in the midst of the storm. Thank you for reminding me of the power of God's peace and that He will never let us go no matter what we may face in life!

    ReplyDelete