Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The day after the storm

Carter seems a bit grumpy today and impatient with his handicap. I have figured out that when he's irritable his finger is hurting but he doesn't want me to know because he doesn't like how his pain medicine tastes. It is pretty nasty.
   Uncle Justin came bearing gifts and made the day better. Carter is adding to his collection of special treasures that must go top bed with him. If this keeps up Lewis and I may have to trade beds with him.
    Auntie Angie, Jaden and Josie had a bag of treasures for Carter from the Disney store when we came home from the hospital, to help make this whole experience "fun". It worked wonderfully and Carter thinks this is almost as good as a birthday. Except for that trip to the hospital.
    Lewie's employee and his wife also brought both Carter and Alton some trucks. It helps me keep him down a bit and inside away from mud and dirt. Not a good thing for bandages. :)




this is the bandage they put on at the hospital and told us to leave it. By Friday it was pretty loose. Thankfully we saw Dr. Lenser, the kids pediatrician and the nurse re-wrapped it with instructions for me to do the same twice a day. I am posting this on Tuesday and happy to say that since Friday I have gotten pretty good at it and even have lost the nausea feeling from the sight of Carter's finger.



I thought I checked and made sure that everyone's eyes were open. oops!



Carter wouldn't let me take his hospital bands off. As you can see, he is still wearing them. He finally let me cut them off on Friday before he saw Dr. Lenser. I love this picture! They love this golf cart.

    

2 comments:

  1. "Changing bandages on a nearly severed finger" has to be in my top 5 fears of motherhood mishaps :)

    You are amazing Ker! Hope the pain subsides soon for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama you rock!!! So do you sweet Car Car! We love you all :O) KISS!

    ReplyDelete