Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas (part 3) the final "part"

Christmas Morning!
 Natalie's first one.
The kids all woke up around 7:30am even though we went to bed really late. They were so excited to see what was in their stockings and the open the presents under the tree.
But they had to wait patiently for daddy who was still putting Alton's gift together in the garage.
Last-minute-Lewie. :)




Carter was thrilled to get a helmet even though he didn't have the four-wheeler to go with it.
But Daddy had another gift hiding in the garage...
it's cold... why did we not put shoes on?

Daddy ran in and got them for us.
When the garage door went up the look on their faces was worth more than what was inside.
Alton bent down to peek under the door as it went up and shouted, "four-wheeler!"



Good Job, Daddy! It was worth waiting for.

The Big Bohn Christmas.
Uncle Bob was thrilled to have a baby to hold.
Natalie fell asleep on his shoulder.
Both were quite content.

Papoo and Grammy with their six great grandchildren

Papa and Coco with their sixe grandkiddos

us :)

 The last Christmas....
I could see the greed on their faces as they opened the last presents of the year. I didn't want to take pictures of it. The blessings had become a curse. Alton was just sick of it and refused to open his last two presents and I sure wasn't going to make him. I was able to help him open them later the next day but he really could have cared less about them. Carter would open one and with a glazed look in his eyes ask, "do I have anymore?" It could be blamed on the tiredness and all the sugar, which surely played a big part. I tried to prepare all of us for the bombardment of gifts the kids would receive but it still seemed that the greed had gotten the best of them.
The next day Pastor preached a sermon and talked about how when we are given so many blessings we forget to be thankful for what God has given us. Instead we just keep asking, "Do You have anymore, God?" As Pastor talked I pictured my little Carter's glazed face as he ripped open present after present, not even seeing what was inside. Just moving onto the next one. The more he got the more discontent he became with what he had just gotten. I then could see myself before God, receiving blessing after blessing, tearing through them without even really seeing them, the more I get the more I want and the more I ask for. Do I stop to see the precious gifts God has given me or do I plunge through them like a child on Christmas? My prayer for this New Year of 2011 is to truly see each gift God has so graciously given me; my children, my husband, my family, my friends, my salvation, my hope, my joy, my peace, and enjoy each one. I must teach my children to be content before God and not just with the presents they get for Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that was awesome! Very convicting. Thanks for sharing that mama!!! I am thankful for our friendship, and I need to call u :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts Kerri :) Great pictures of your dear family. ) Sure miss your mom. tell her for me.
    lOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was from Cathy.. forgot it just says NAni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Convicting thoughts, Kerri... so often we don't even see the gifts we have! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas :) I just love Natalie's big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to the blank startes and asking fo there is more. A few years back, i ran across and idea and we have been doing it ever since.
    We give the kids 3 things for Christmas, as the wise men gave baby Jesus 3 things. The "gold" gift, is something they have really wanted. The Frankinsence( spell?) is something for their body( we ALWAYS get a new outfit, socks and underwear)and the Murr( again spell?) is something for their spritual life, books, videos,bible song C.D's, bible activity books. and thats all they get. They all open each together and we talk about the gifts the wise men gave baby Jesus..it had worked great for us.:) Also, i have a book we read OVER and OVER, called "The best thing about Christmas". Perfect for little hearts.( and big ones too) Just thought I would share. and Thanks for your convicting words, it has really made me stop and think. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete