Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The end of the week

Thursday morning. Alton is watching Daddy load up one of the shaker's. He jabbers to me about it around the bobby (pacifier) in his mouth, while I do the dishes that I left  from the night before.

Thursday night. The boys are asleep and Lewis has a little bit of that "Natalie time" that he craves all day. Natalie never minds that Daddy is smelly and dusty. She's just happy he's home. :)

THIS is what's for dinner Friday night. It had a great flavor but I remembered why I don't cook pork chops. None of us really like them.  Bummer! I was so pleased that after such a difficult day I had actually gotten a decent dinner together. I was so proud I even took pictures. Note to self: next time do chicken.

These Dahlia's are above my kitchen sink cheering my day. Carter found them in the yard and as he always does when he finds a flower blooming, he picked it. I'm so glad he did. there have been many occasions these past couple of days that I needed the cheering. Thanks little buddy!

So the dreadful dinner did more than dappen my spirits, it ruined my pants. I spilled hot oil all over myself. The boys looked at my quizzically as I hiked my leg up to the sink to wash off the burning oil from my foot. I got lucky. No serious burns. But my PANTS!!! The cornmeal did not work, people.

Saturday Morning Pancakes
I'm trying to redeem myself with my family and make them something yummy after the dinner I made them eat last night. Betty Crocker to the rescue! So fluffy, so easy and so yummy. :)


Smiles. Did it!

Jaden's first soccer game
The enthusiastic fans. "Go number 8!"


After game snack and smiles.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!!! Cornmeal huh? I've never heard of that. I just soak the tarnation out of the spots with a mix of resolve and dreft laundry spray! Maybe it's all the chemicals, but it typically works ;)

    We don't love pork chops either. No matter what I do they just aren't tender and juicy. Chicken it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the pork chops LOOK really good! Try Grease Lightning on your pants, Kerri... I think it comes in a purple bottle. Love the jabber around the pacifier - we have that going on here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, my favorite pants:O) Try dawn, it's a degreaser you know:O) What great pics mama!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete