Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy

    Okay, so I'm not feeling the joys this week of being "the farmer's wife". The farmer's absence is getting to me a bit. I worry about his health, or falling asleep on the often times long drive home. I am always in awe of how one can work so hard on such little sleep. My husband is amazing to me which just make me miss him all the more. It's a nice time of year to be reminded to not take this gift that God has given me for granted. When he's not around I realize how much he completes me and holds me up. Thank you, God for bittersweet reminders of the gifts and love you have poured into our lives.
   I am loving the view from my dirty bedroom window of the boys tromping in their favorite mud hole. this is the sight that inspired me to turn on the computer and record my thoughts. I love this Tuesday morning! Sounds from the open window of Carter barking orders to Alton and Alton's "Okay, Carter" reply. Little boy truck noises, laughter, screams and somtimes cries. They seem to be working each scenario out on their own. Wonderful! I am not going to break into that. :)
     I got all my Costco and grocery shopping out of the way yesterday and I think I may have bought enough food for over a month. Ha, ha. It's a relaxed day of staying home and giving each child unhurried attention. I crave these days and delight in them when they arrive.
   Sorry, no pictures. But hopefully you can visualize... me at the computer still needing a shower, Natalie sleeping soundly on her tummy in her crib with her thumb in her mouth, the boys running back and forth by the open sliding door. Happy... everyone seems to be happy today. :) I shall choose to be too.

5 comments:

  1. I love those days too. They make me thankful for my life and where I am at in it.:)
    I am enjoying reading your updates..
    you are beautiful my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written, my friend!
    Love to you on these long harvest days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet reminder from your kids today. Enjoy this beautiful, uninterupted time. Your kids will love you for it!! Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Kerri ~ I felt exactly how you are describing last week. It does make me realize how much husbands/daddys do to help out. Hang in there - not very much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best attitude ever!!!! You are one blessed mama!!! I love you and this post makes me miss you so much :O) Well every post u write does :O)

    ReplyDelete