Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The to-do list...

So many things that I wanted to get done today... Blog, make muffins, clean the kitchen, laundry; cleaned and folded, change the sheets on our beds. well, the boys are in bed so no sheets are getting changed today, the muffin batter is sitting on the counter waiting to get baked, the laundry is in the dryer, washer and in piles on the floor and couch, I started cleaning the kitchen and I am now working on my blog. Lewie is working late tonight as it is 10:05 pm and still no sign of him. If he was home I would be sitting on the couch giving him a much deserved back scratch and the blog would wait till tomorrow. But as I sit here and wait to hear the sound of hubby's diesal truck I might as well blog. :)
   So you know all the things I didn't do. Here are some things we did. We did celebrate Josie's 4th birthday with lunch in McHenry Village. It was crazy with Carter, (who was quite grumpy today) Josie, Alton, Brynn and Natalie who almost doesn't count because she didn't make a peep. Crazy but fun. :) Josie is such a sweet little girl and delighted in this being her special day.


Oh yeah. We stopped in at Ragamuffin and Carter was picking out what HE wanted for HIS birthday. Josie was telling him that she would get it for him for his birthday. Carter's birthday is in August. Have to wait a while for that one.

Brynn is still totally in love Natalie


Josie was sharing her new lipgloss with Brynn. That is until Brynn decided to take a big chunk out of it :)

The other thing that we DID do today was get Carter's hair cut. As he hopped down Alton declares, "My turn!" I looked at Debbie and she looked at me and we both said, "why not!" If he's willing let's give it a try. It's not like it will take much time to trim Alton's three ity bity strands of hair. :)

At first he was pretty cool with it...

Then came the clippers.

He was crying by the end but he made it and with minimal tears and wiggling. Good job, Alton and good job, Debbie!


Another thing that I DID do was admire Natalie in her sleep...
...and snap a picture of our brand new baby kitty that just came wandering into the yard one day and never left. Indeed she has made herself quite at home in my pot of now dead and smashed alyssum. Carter calls her "Jax" and I refer to her as "Baby kitty" Whatever you call her you gotta call her sweet.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I love days that the house work waits for more fun things!!!! Alton looks so grown up with his haircut. I want to hold Natalie, she is so sweet!!!! Love u!

    ReplyDelete