Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Family picture taken 1 week after diagnoses

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Popsicles on the porch


Sitting on the front steps, eating a popsicle and watching Daddy load up a shaker onto the trailer. The boys woke up from their nap just in time to enjoy this moment. A glimpse of Daddy is enough to make their day. What is that like to be loved so much that just the sight of you puts another into a frenzy of excitement? I often ask Lewis that. I don't think he even has the words to describe it. I always wish that he could hear and see what I do from inside the house when we hear him pull in. The hollers of "DADDY!" are so infectious and brightens my day. He does get to see their shining faces running at him pull throttle and plowing into his chest. He does see them waiting at the end of the sidewalk where they know they are safe from getting plowed over themselves until Daddy spots them and holloring, "Daddeeeeeee!" until they get the okay to come observe. The relationship between these three is one of the most beautiful things in my life. I love their love for eachother grow in their hearts knowing their closeness will make a hug impacts all three of their lives.


Last week the boys "helped" me make dinner. Completely impromtu and untimely as can be it was such fun and SUCH a MESS! :) It began with Alton pulling up his chair to watch. Watching turned quickley to the "helping" that I mentioned and then Carter joined in with his chair and "helping". I made coconut and panko encrusted tilapia which required four steps. 1) salt and pepper the fish 2) dredge in flour 3) dip in egg mixture 4) roll in crumbs. Alton got a little crazy with the salt and pepper so not every bite of fish tasted the same. :) they both enjoyed the flour but none of it made it on the fish. Only the floor, themselves, counters and any other surface in the kitchen they could find. Even though messes tend to make me crabby this one was such a blast to make that I didn't really mind it. It made me think that this is something I should plan to do with them. I hope that all my children enjoy working in the kitchen and that I can cultivate my love for fixing food in them.

Alton's face says it all. We had a blast!


Alton reaching...
... got it! not good.

Carter loved the mess making too.

But at the end of it all... we had dinner.

1 comment:

  1. good job mama!!!! Those boys love you just as much as Daddy, they just see you more:O) I wish I could see you more:O)

    ReplyDelete